This sandwich is so much tastier than its fast food counterpart. The artichoke burger manages to stay beautifully juicy and moist on the inside and crisp on the outside. This is going to be your favorite sandwich.
‘Fillet-O-Fishless’ Artichoke Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for ‘Fillet-O-Fishless’ Artichoke Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burger:
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon wakame, finely chopped (see notes)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- Gluten-free buns
For the Dredging:
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup corn flour/starch
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
How to Prepare ‘Fillet-O-Fishless’ Artichoke Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Drain the artichoke hearts and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Shred it with two forks until there are no large clumps left.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. You should be able to mold the mixture into a very moist patty. If it doesn't hold, try adding more bread crumbs or flour.
- Divide this into 3 even patties and set them aside.
- Place the dredging ingredients in three separate shallow bowls.
- Dip each patty in the corn flour then the milk, then the bread crumbs.
- Cover the bottom of a frying pan with a generous amount of oil for a shallow fry and heat the oil.
- Let the patties sizzle on each side for 4-5 minutes or until they're golden brown and hot on the inside.
- Place the patties in your burger buns along with your toppings of choice.
Wakame is a type of seaweed that gives this sandwich its fishy flavor. You can find it in the international aisle of your grocery store or any Asian grocery.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.