This pasta dish comes packed with nutrients from the cheesy chickpea sauce, crunchy cabbage, and walnut topping. Its easy steps make it perfect for easy weekday cooking.
Fettuccine With Garlicky Purple Cabbage and Cheesy Chickpea Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Sauté the purple cabbage with half of the garlic in a little bit of water, until softened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chickpeas in another pot and add water until the peas are barely covered. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add the rest of the garlic, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast.
- Mix with a hand mixer or in a blender, being careful not to burn yourself, and add salt and pepper to taste. use the boiled water from the other pot if needed, to make the sauce less thick.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the package.
- Place purple cabbage on a large plate, twirl the pasta and place on top, drizzle with sauce, and garnish with walnuts, spring onion, and more nutritional yeast.