This vegan feta cheese is incredibly simple, low fat, and delicious! In this recipe, you will mix the tofu with just a few simple ingredients, and then bake it, so that the outside is somewhat crispy, and the inside is soft. This method of making the tofu into feta is so much more delicious than just marinated tofu! This is a super quick and easy vegan feta cheese recipe that will go really well in any savory dish, such as a plant-based salad.
Feta Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 16-ounce package of extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- a few pinches black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove tofu from packaging, and cut into equal-sized cubes.
- Lay tofu cubes onto a silicone-lined baking tray (or use parchment paper) flat.
- Add nutritional yeast, coconut vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper onto the tofu, and mix really well with your hands so that it's well coated.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes, until tofu is slightly crispy and golden brown on the outside, and soft on the inside.