French toast is one of the most decadent breakfasts. So decadent that you almost might not think that it could be made vegan. This vegan french toast is sweet, toasty brown on the outside, has a soft, decadent middle, and packs a metabolism boosting kick of cinnamon. Top it with perfectly ripe pomegranate seeds for a fun and festive flavor. Enjoy!
Festive French Toast [Vegan]
- 8 relatively thick slices of bread
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups plant based milk, depending on the thickness of your bread
- 1.5 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of cinnamon, plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon of vegan butter for the frying pan
- maple syrup for serving
- toppings of your choice
- In a flat dish (eg. square cake pan), mix together milk, ground flaxseed, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat your frying pan and melt vegan butter.
- Give your batter a minute to thicken up a bit (the flax seed will begin to thicken it slightly).
- Place one piece of toast at a time in your mixture, flipping it over to make sure that it is well coated.
- Place your battered bread onto the hot frying pan and cook for approximately 1 minute per side, but this will depend on the heat. You will know it is ready when it is a nice golden brown. Depending on the size of your pan, you can cook two at a time.
- Repeat with all of your bread, pouring the last of the batter onto the last couple pieces of toast on the frying pan to use it all up.
- Stack ’em, top ’em with your favorite toppings, drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy! I’m sure you wont be missing any non-vegan ingredients once you dig in.