These fat-free patties are a healthier, easy-to-make tikkis, Indian croquettes, made from spinach broccoli, and chickpea flour. These patties are crispy on the outside with a soft and chewy texture inside. Ready in less than 20 minutes, they're perfect as an appetizer or snack served with chutney or any creamy dip.
Fat-Free Spinach and Broccoli Patties [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups, spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 green chilis, chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- Heat a non-stick tava or skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients, knead, and tightly squeeze until you get a nice ball of dough.
- Form the patties of desired shape.
- Once the pan is hot, place the tikkis/patties and cook them on medium heat. When it becomes golden brown on one side, flip and cook it on another side. It is very important to cook them over medium heat so that it becomes crispy and is also cooked from inside. Do not cook them in a hurry.
- Repeat the process for remaining dough.
- Serve hot and enjoy.