These are crackers for more casual times. They’re hearty, salty and extremely snackable, but you can still dress them up and take them to nice places too. Bringing a vegan cheese plate with homemade crackers to a dinner party is a surefire way to impress.
Everything Bagel Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup teff flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the teff flour and almond flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the everything bagel seasoning, ground flaxseed, nutritional yeast, ground thyme and baking soda, and whisk to combine.
- Add the water and oil and mix well. Use your hands to knead the mixture together until it becomes a dough. If it’s too dry, add a drizzle of oil. Shape the dough into a ball, and transfer to the parchment paper–lined pan.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it’s about 1/8-inch thick, or as thin as you can get it without tearing. With a pastry wheel or a pizza slicer, divide the dough into crackers.
- Bake the crackers for 18 to 20 minutes until slightly golden and crisp. If you want a really salty cracker, brush with oil and sprinkle with salt after removing from the oven. Cool on a baking sheet for 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container once cooled.