This abundant endive salad is not your ordinary salad, as it combines all the wonderful seasonal greens like curly endive, radicchio, spinach, a couple apple slices, and all topped with a delicious mustard vinaigrette and crispy roasted chickpeas. Simple and delicious!
Endive Salad With Crispy Chickpeas [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Salad:
- 3 tablespoons roasted chickpeas
- 3 cups mixed greens: curly endive, baby spinach, lettuce, radicchio, mâche
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
For the Dressing
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- Prepare roasted chickpeas. You can make it ahead of time with this recipe.
- Prepare salad greens by washing them thoroughly and drain. Chop greens roughly, if needed, then place into a large bowl. Add apple slices, pomegranate seeds and almonds.
- Prepare mustard vinaigrette: in a bowl add mustard, lemon juice and white balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper and whisk until combined. While whisking, slowly add olive oil and continue whisking until the mixture emulsifies. Add finely chopped parsley and stir in.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad greens and mix well until combined. Place salad onto plates and top with crispy chickpeas. Serve.