These babies are vegan and gluten-free. Without the chocolate, they are naturally sweetened (if you’re hardcore, get naturally-sweetened chocolate, and then go brag about your sugar consumption to everyone who will listen). Aaaand they require no special tools, one bowl, and six ingredients. Guys, there is NO excuse for skipping on this recipe.
Elvis Peanut Butter Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup creamy unsalted peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a whisk, combine peanut butter, mashed banana, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. The dough will be very sticky.
- Using wet hands, roll balls of dough of about 1 tablespoon each.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and chill in fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 15-20 minutes (these need to set!) before serving.
PS: These are called these Elvis cookies, because of the classic PB and banana sandwich that Elvis made famous!