It is delicious, super practical and those foods that you can make ahead of time because it is well heated or frozen. It is a very adaptable recipe! Served with a salad, this is a fairly complete dish that will be enjoyed by everyone.
Eggplant in the Oven [Vegan]
For the eggplant:
- 1 eggplant cut into slices
- olive oil
- crushed tofu
- grated vegan cheese
For tomato sauce:
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- olive oil
- Begin by slicing the eggplant and place in a container of coarse salt for 20 minutes. This way they do not get bitter.
- Meanwhile make the tomato sauce. Add the seasoning at the end.
- Light the oven at 360°F. After 20 minutes of salt, wash the eggplant slices thoroughly and dry them with kitchen paper. Brush them with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, put a little tomato sauce, a layer of aubergines and crumbled tofu. Another layer of tomato sauce, followed by one of aubergines and then the tofu / curd. The number of layers varies with the taste of each. Finish with vegan grated cheese and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- It goes to the oven about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with salad if you are on a low carbohydrate diet or simply want a light meal.