Made with only vegetables and quinoa, this “fried rice” dish is loaded with protein from grains and edamame. It's lightly flavored but easily adapted to what levels of flavor you prefer, while the vegetables are easily changed according to what's in season. Best of all, this is a quick and easy meal that won't leave you hungry!
High Protein Edamame Fried Quinoa Rice [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for High Protein Edamame Fried Quinoa Rice [Vegan]
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2-3 tablespoons liquid aminos or tamari (you can use soy sauce as well, but the recipe will no longer be gluten-free)
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
How to Prepare High Protein Edamame Fried Quinoa Rice [Vegan]
- In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until water is absorbed, around 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, over medium high heat add coconut oil to a wok or large skillet. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add carrots, kale, edamame, and corn. Cook until carrots are tender and kale is wilted.
- Add cooked quinoa, liquid aminos (or tamari), and toasted sesame seed oil.
- Remove from heat and top with scallions and sesame seeds before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.