This simple yet elegant potato dish is easy to make, only a handful of ingredients, and ready in under an hour. Perfect side dish to your holiday feast!
Easy and Zesty Lemon Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes [Vegan]
For the Potatoes:
- 1-pound of baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
For the Lemon Herb Olive Mixture:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely minces fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven 350° F. Line a baking sheet with non stick baking paper. Set aside.
- Make fine slits in each baby potato, but do not cut all the way through.
- In a large bowl, combine prepared potatoes with olive oil, basil, parsley, garlic, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Place potatoes, cut sides up, on baking sheet and roast for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for lemon herb olive oil in a small bowl.
- After 25 minutes of roasting, baste potatoes with half of the lemon herb olive oil mixture, and then pop back into the oven and continue roasting for another 25 minutes or till potatoes are cooked.
- Once cooked, drizzle potatoes with remaining mixture and serve immediately. Sprinkle with more sea salt if necessary!