This Easy Vegan Broccoli Alfredo Pasta is the perfect easy weekday meal or perhaps something simple for a laid-back weekend. Based with a creamy, flavorful Alfredo sauce made from cauliflower and cashews; and tossed with delicious broccoli. Completely dairy-free and vegan. Made in just 25 minutes!
Easy Vegan Broccoli Alfredo Pasta [Vegan]
For the Pasta:
- 1 package Pappardelle pasta, vegan-approved! (You can substitute for your own fave pasta!)
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped broccoli heads
For the Vegan Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 medium cauliflower head (That's about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon juice of a lemon
Other Optional Toppings:
- red pepper flakes
- nutritional yeast
- To begin, cook pasta according to packaging (adding 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil to water). **NOTE: Pappardelle pasta doesn’t take a long time to cook, usually 8-10 minutes (however, you should cook at 6-8 minutes or so—‘al dente’).**
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, add the cauliflower and veggie broth and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer until cauliflower has softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Next, carefully add the cooked cauliflower (along with any little stock that might be included) into a high-powered blender. Add in the soaked cashews, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, Almond milk, and lemon juice, blending until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil and add in chopped broccoli heads. Allow broccoli to cook for 3-4 minutes (al dente) before draining them and adding them directly in iced cold water (to further stop the cooking process).
- Add pasta and Alfredo sauce together in a skillet on low heat and stir until well combined.
- Lastly, toss in cooked broccoli and gently mix again until well incorporated. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired. Remove from heat.
- Serve your pasta in prepared dishes and lightly sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast (or vegan parmesan cheese), if desired.
To Store: Leftovers can be kept in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Re-heat when ready to serve. To Soak the Cashews: Add cashews to a bowl or measuring cup, cover with fresh cold water and cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temp overnight. If soaking for 3-4 hours, add cashews to measuring cup and cover with boiling water instead.