This might be one of the easiest vegan chocolate desserts you can make. All you need is a food processor and fridge and eight ingredients. For a dark chocolate version of this omit the powdered sugar. That way it will even be raw vegan!
Easy Chocolate Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup Walnut Halves (raw, unsalted)
- ½ of a cup Almonds (raw, unsalted)
- 1 and a ½ cups Dates (pitted)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Coconut Cream
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 4 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- ½ of a cup Cashews (raw, unsalted)
- ⅓ of a cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Line a 10" tart form with parchment paper.
- Pulse walnuts, almonds, pitted dates, coconut oil and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Pulse until a crumbly and sticky mass forms. Press this sticky dough into the base of the tart form makeing a 1 inch raised border.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour filling into pie form and place in refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours until filling has set and becomes firm.
- (Optional) Once filling is firm lightly press chocolate chips on top before serving.
1) Feel free to use any other kind of nuts for the crust. Hazelnuts, macadamias, and even peanuts work well. 4) Consume within 3 days.