Earl grey rose nectar- a delicious, energy boosting drink of strong earl grey tea, perfumed with sweet rose essence, and naturally sweetened with dates and lucuma powder.
Earl Grey Rose Nectar [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked for 4 hours
- 1 cup strong earl grey tea
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 dates
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder(optional)
- 2 teaspoons maca root powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rose water
- 1 cup ice
- Prepare the earl grey tea, by steeping 2 tablespoons loose earl grey tea leaves in a cup of hot water, and letting it sit for at least 20 minutes or longer depending on how strong you like it. Alternatively, add 2 tea bags to a cup of hot water.
- Let the tea cool in the refrigerator.
- In a blender, add the cold earl grey tea, and the rest of the ingredients, and blend on high for 30-40 seconds.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness, or add more rose water if you like. You should distinctly taste the earl grey and the rose flavors together.