These homemade doughnuts are waiting to be filled with whatever delightful sweet confection you dream of drizzling in them. They are simple to make and baked instead of fried so you don’t have to feel as guilty when you’re on your third. They make a wonderful sweet treat to nibble on while you’re enjoying a cup of coffee.
Dream-Filled Doughnuts [Vegan]
- 1 packet yeast
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 4/5 cups plus 1 tablespoon lukewarm non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Filling of your choice
- Add the yeast to the milk and mix it well with the sugar until everything has dissolved in the milk. Leave this in a warm place until bubbles form.
- Mix the flour, soy flour, and salt, into the mixture of yeast.
- Add the coconut oil and thoroughly knead the dough. Do this until you get a soft, smooth dough.
- Form 6-8 balls and leave them on a baking tray covered with baking paper for 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake at 375°F for about 18 minutes until the donuts turn brown.
- Dust them with the powdered sugar before serving.