Here is the recipe for a very simple, healthy and delicious brownie. Pumpkin puree adds softness and sweetness to the brownies. The brownies turned out moist and chocolaty……simple and healthy! They are so amazing - you have to try them!
Double Chocolate Pumpkin Banana Brownies [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup pureed bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 360°F. Line the bottom and grease the sides of one 7x7 inch square cake pan.
- Whisk together first five ingredients. Keep aside.
- In a deep bowl, mix pumpkin puree, pureed bananas, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients, stir till well combined. The batter will be thick.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool in the rack.
- Let the brownies rest for a day. This helps the flavours to develop.