There's something about a warm chocolate chip cookie that soothes the soul. And when you make a double chocolate chip cookie, well, it's just sinful. Enjoy these beautiful cookies because they aren't just vegan, but they're incredibly easy to make!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 heaping cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine/vegan butter – room temp
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together your butter and sugars until well incorporated. Add in vanilla and mix again. Finally, add in your flax egg and cream until incorporated.
- Dump in your dry ingredients and continue to mix until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips
- Scoop cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Let cookies sit on cookie sheet for 1 minute until removing to cooling rack.