These vegan double chocolate chip cookies could be your perfect weekend’s snack or a party saver. They’re crisp, very chocolatey, wholesome and a real crowd pleaser! Plus, these cookies are quick to bake and require only 10 ingredients.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup whole spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 flax egg
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate, chopped (with at least 70% cacao content)
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla powder (optional)
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet lined with a baking paper. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients – spelt flour, coconut sugar, cacao powder, soda, vanilla powder, and salt.
- Add olive oil and flax egg – combine well. Lastly, mix in the chopped dark chocolate. The cookie dough should be shiny and easily formable (not liquid). If it feels too dry, add a splash of plant milk or water.
- Scoop a heaping teaspoon of cookie dough ball and place on the baking sheet. The cookies will become about 2x bigger in size while baking so leave enough space between the dough balls.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 13 minutes. Keep an eye on the edges as they can burn!
- When cookies are done, let them cool in the room temperature and enjoy with warm tea, matcha or coffee.
To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds with 3 tablespoons plant milk and leave the mixture to gel up for 10 minutes.