This green bean sauté is a wonderful side to accompany any main dish! It's going to be a staple recipe you come back to time and time again - one bite and you'll want it with every meal.
Dilly Green Bean Sauté [Vegan, Oil-Free]
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (about 10 turns)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (2 teaspoons)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Set aside for now.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, adding a splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Stir in the green beans, water and garlic, then cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 8 minutes, until the beans are just tender.
- Remove the lid and stir in the vinegar-mustard mixture. Cook for 1 additional minute, then remove from heat. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Beans - Green