It may sound super weird… dill pickle soup!?! However it’s a potato base, very thick and creamy with a dill twang. Seriously, it’s everything. This soup will easily keep in the fridge for 5 days making it a great meal prep idea and reheats beautifully, as well as freezes nicely.
Dill Pickle Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter or olive oil in a large stock pot
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 4 dill pickles, chopped
- 4 large white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of pickle juice
- 4 cups of vegetable broth (reserve 1/2 cup to blend with your sour cream)
- 1 container vegan sour cream
- Fresh dill for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add your butter or olive oil.
- Once hot, add your onions and cook for 4-6 minutes until translucent.
- Add your remaining ingredients through broth (reserve 1/2 cup to blend in a separate bowl with the sour cream) and bring to a boil.
- Lower temp, cover and allow to cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- In a separate bowl mix sour cream with broth. Whisk to combine – then add to the soup. Stir.
- Using a stick immersion blender or an actual blender in batches, blend until creamy.
- Return to the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a sprig of fresh dill. Enjoy!