If you're someone who loves fruit forward concepts, this dish is your fantasy. It’s quick, easy, packs fresh seasonal fruit, basil which adds another element of flavor and enhances the flavor profile of these fruits, low sugar. As a whole, this dish packs flavor, is affordable, one you could put together with your eyes literally closed while hopping on one foot, and doesn’t disappoint!
Dessert Chips and Strawberry Salsa [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Dessert Chips and Strawberry Salsa [Vegan]
For the Chips:
- 8-count package tortillas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
For the Salsa:
- 1 package strawberries, quarter and diced
- 1 cup blueberries (cut in half)
- 6 to 8 basil leaves (sliced)
- 4 mint leaves (sliced)
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 14.5-ounce can chilled coconut cream (solid portion only)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
How to Prepare Dessert Chips and Strawberry Salsa [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Cut the tortillas into triangles. Dip into coconut oil and then sugar and cinnamon (combine together). Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- To Make the salsa, chop all the ingredients, throw in a dish, set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To make the coconut whip, throw all the ingredients in the bowl of a standing mixer. Beat until smooth (sifting the dry ingredients gives a smoother texture).
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.