Imagine a fudgy bite, perfectly sweetened with dates and lightly salty from the peanut butter. Then top that with melted chocolate for the most delicious chocolate peanut butter flavor combination. It’s the ultimate sweet and salty dessert. The cacao butter gives it a rich, fudgy texture that doesn’t harden completely when frozen. Cacao also provides a rich chocolate flavor, which goes perfectly with this peanut butter fudge. If you can’t find cacao butter (it’s not exactly sold everywhere), you can use coconut oil or coconut butter. It should give you a similar result.
Date-Sweetened Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter, natural (see note)
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup cacao butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened or dark chocolate, melted (for drizzling)
- In a food processor, add the peanut butter, dates, melted cacao butter (I used a microwave), and salt. Process until smooth.
- Line a sandwich Tupperware container or small square dish with parchment paper. Transfer the fudge mixture to the container and spread evenly.
- Seal the dish or container and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours or until the fudge has hardened lightly. It should stay "fudgy", even after days in the freezer.
- Drizzle the fudge with melted chocolate, then return to the freezer for another 10 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened. Cut into little squares and enjoy straight from the freezer!