Sweet meets tart meets date sweetened cranberry goodness! Perfect for topping literally any dish you can think of, the tangy sweet taste of the cranberries pairs perfectly with the classic sage and rosemary undertones of classic dinner dishes for a truly joyful holiday season. This year skip the over processed canned versions and make your own in five minutes while the rest of your meal bakes!
Date Sweetened Cranberry Sauce [Vegan]
- 3 cups Fresh Cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Date Paste (1 cup of Dates blended with 1/4 cup Almond milk)
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a boil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the fresh cranberries and leave to simmer for 5 minutes or until you hear the cranberries burst.
- Once the cranberries have burst, strain them and add to a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse a few times until you reach your desired consistency.
- Store in a jar and allow to thicken in the fridge.