Nutella fans will quickly fall in love with this luscious tart that combines dark vegan chocolate with a fluffy, mousse-like hazelnut filling. Typically with desserts this rich and chocolatey, you expect to find it loaded with sugar and not the most nutritious ingredients. However, this tart stays relatively healthy by steering clear of refined sugars and opting for a nut-based crust in place of the traditional flour tart crust.
Dark Chocolate Hazelnut and Raspberry Tart [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 4 dates (seedless, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 vegan dark chocolate bars
- 2 cups raw or roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves (100 percent fruit)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Layer hazelnuts on a pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool and remove the shells.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pan with a removable bottom with coconut oil. In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the crust. Press evenly into the prepared tart pan; set aside.
- Place dark chocolate in a large bowl. Heat coconut oil in the microwave and pour over the chocolate. Whisk to combine. If not melting enough, pop in the microwave for intervals of 10 seconds.
- While that combines take raspberries and the preserves in a small bowl, smash with a fork until combined. Layer on top of the crust. Set aside in fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- When chocolate has cooled, throw in a food processor with the hazelnuts, blend until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the raspberry filling and place in the fridge to set for 1 to 2 hours.
- Top with fresh raspberries and dust with powdered sugar.
Per Serving: Calories: 532 | Carbs: 34 g | Fat: 38 g | Protein: 17 g | Sodium: 62 mg | Sugar: 19 g