These naturally sweet and nutrients-rich Vegan cupcakes can be consumed as a dessert, a snack or a breakfast. They provide a good source of fiber, essential fatty acids and vitamin A. In short, a perfect bite!
Carrot Cupcakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 kg carrots
- 4 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 8 tbsp water
- 150 ml olive or any other vegetable oil
- 200 g canned pineapple
- 150 g flour, sieved
- 100 g black raisins
- 100 g yellow raisins
- 100 g goji berries
- 100 g walnuts, chopped
- (Optional) Powdered ginger, 1/2 tsp
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oil with neutral flavor
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Grate the carrots using a fine grate.
- Soak the flax seeds in water for at least 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend the oil and pineapple chunks.
- Gradually add flour and continue blending till all the flour is used. Transfer in a big bowl.
- Add the grated carrots and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well once again. The butter should be quite thick.
- Divide the butter between the silicon forms. Put the forms into the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes. Check regularly. The cakes are done when light-brown.
- Put the oven off and let the cakes cool down (you can leave them in the cooling oven for another 30 minutes). Put the cupcakes out of the forms.
- To make the glaze, melt the chocolate with the oil and juice au bain marie. Cover the cakes with the glaze and decorate with walnut halves or dried berries if desired.
- Put the cupcakes away in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.