Vegan curry with jackfruit - a delicious and spicy dish that is easy to prepare and uncomplicated. You should definitely take a look at the recipe!
Curry With Jackfruit [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 onion cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can of tomatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional, alternatively tomato paste)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Thai spice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 6.8-ounces of a vegan herbal cream substitute (cuisine, alternatively coconut milk)
- Chili to taste
- 1 can of young jackfruit
- 6.8-ounces of water (plus a little more)
- Vegetable brewing powder to taste
- 7-ounces cauliflower florets, cut to size
- 7-ounces potatoes, cut to the mouth (cut slightly smaller than the cauliflower)
- To serve: Freshly cooked basmati rice, fresh coriander, sesame seeds and dried min
- First, sift the young jackfruit out of the can (the canned water is no longer needed). Put the peeled jackfruit pieces on a plate. Now rip the young Jackfruit into pieces with your fingers, do not use the stalk or the woody ingredients for the vegan curry (tastes better than in my opinion). The bean-like kernels but quiet in the court with use and free these at best from the shell. Put the shredded pieces and "jackfruit beans" in a fine sieve and squeeze vigorously. The more moisture you squeeze out, the better.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions for a few minutes. Add the garlic cloves and ginger and fry briefly.
- Add the peeled tomatoes, paprika and tomato paste and the spices. Boil and mix in the cream substitute. Cook for a few minutes and then purée with a blender until the desired consistency is achieved. Set the cooker to the lowest level and add the young, expressed jackfruit plus 200 ml of water and vegetable bouillon powder.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes. Cook the cauliflower florets and potato pieces in a separate pot 10 minutes before the end of cooking until the desired consistency is achieved (I like it a bit softer). Add the vegetables to the curry-jackfruit mix and simmer briefly. Spread vegan curry with jackfruit with freshly cooked basmati rice and cilantro on plates. Serve as desired with sesame seeds and dried mint.