Creamy corn soups always strike the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. This vegan version of the cozy dish uses curry powder and ginger to spice it up and make it even more tasty. Plus, you only need one pot to make it, so the clean up is minimal.
Curried Corn Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/2 onion
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 green pepper
- 2 carrots
- 6 red potatoes
- 1 can organic corn
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- The juice of 1 lime
- Salt, a pinch
- Splash of tamari or coconut aminos, to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Scallions, for garnish
- Dice the onion and slice the shallots. Add to a soup pot and water or oil sauté until they start to soften. Press the garlic and add to the pot.
- Dice the green pepper, slice the carrots and cut the potatoes into quarters. Add to the pot. Add the corn, curry powder, ginger powder, coriander, and turmeric. Toss around to coat the vegetables. Add the coconut milk, water, lime juice, a pinch of salt, and a splash of tamari or coconut aminos.
- Cover and cook until the potatoes are soft. Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and scallions.