Savory, salty, crunchy, and healthy — what more could you ask for? This trail mix snack is savory with a touch of sweet, and perfectly balanced out with the veggies so you don’t get a huge kick of curry. Perfect for hiking or road trips.
Curried Cashew and Veggie Trail Mix [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (or vegan liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala or curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 bag freeze-dried vegetables
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread raw cashews on the baking sheet and place into the oven for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the flavoring. In a large bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients (except for the freeze-dried vegetables) until uniform. Once the cashews are done, cool until easy to handle and add to the mixture. Carefully mix until all of the cashews are coated.
- Place the seasoned cashews back onto the baking sheet and then place back into the oven for 4 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool completely, then toss in a clean large bowl with the freeze-dried vegetables. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.