Sprouting wild rice is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this amazing food completely raw. The process of sprouting wild rice is called “blooming” because the seeds actually unfold, very much like little petals, revealing the pale, tender insides.
Curried Blooming Rice [Vegan]
- 2 cups wild rice
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds/1/2 cup coconut meat
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 dates
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 inch ginger root peeled
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup dehydrated mushrooms
- 1/3 cup broccoli sprouts
- Rinse the rice well, put it in a glass jar, cover with water. Let soak on the countertop overnight. It will expand 2.5-3 times, so pick the size jar keeping this in mind.
- In the morning, drain and rinse the rice; then cover it again with water and put the jar on the dishwasher rack.
- Drain and rinse the rice at least twice per day for 3 days, until it is tender enough to eat.
- Drain and rinse the sprouted rice and put it in a large bowl.
- To speed up the blooming, process wild rice in the food processor for 1 min. Rinse the rice until water is clear. Soak rice in water for 12-14 hours until it blooms and softens.
- Mix bloomed rice with diced vegetables.
- Blend the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the rice and vegetable, mix thoroughly.
- To plate, place the round mold on the serving plate.
- Place sliced avocados on the bottom.
- Spoon 1 cup of blooming rice. Add toppings.
- Carefully remove the mold.