This meal is very healthy and chock full of texture and flavors. It is perfect for when you’re craving something light yet super filling and satisfying. Kelp noodles have a neutral flavour and firm crunchy texture, but when drowned in a thick creamy sauce, they soften and taste like traditional cooked noodles, whilst absorbing the flavor of the sauce beautifully.
Curried Almond Noodle Salad [Vegan]
- 2 packets kelp noodles
- 1/2 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 red capsicum sliced thinly
- 1/4 head purple cabbage sliced thinly
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- Handful cilantro
- Handful raw almonds roughly chopped
Curried Almond Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 dates pre-soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup filtered/spring water or more, as needed to make creamy
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- Prepare the kelp noodles according to instructions.
- Blend all the sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy. The texture should be fairly thick, but still pourable.
- Add the kelp noodles to a large bowl with the veggies.
- Pour the almond butter sauce on top and use your hands to massage it into the ingredients.
- Divide among four bowls and top with extra cilantro and almonds.