A deliciously sweet recipe that you will simply adore!
Currant and Blackberry Kanten With Swiss Cream and Basil Syrup [Vegan]
- 2 cups of fruit juice extract between red currants and blackberries (if you don't have the extractor, use fruit juices without added sugar)
- 2 cups of apple juice extract (if you don't have the extractor, use fruit juice with no added sugar)
- 3 teaspoons of agar agar powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of kuzu
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 pack of of vegetable whipped cream
- 1 or 2 drops of pine oil
- rice syrup to taste
- water to taste
- 1 bunch of mountain basil (or other variety of basil of your choice)
- Extract the juice from currants, blackberries and apples. Reduce the kuzu to powder. In a saucepan (preferably steel with a thick bottom), add the kuzu powder and the agar agar to the juices. Mix with a whisk, bring to a boil and simmer on a very gentle heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Allow to cool then transfer the liquid obtained into the mixing bowl of the immersion blender or blender at high speed, adding lemon juice to taste and blend until a smooth cream is obtained. Prepare glass molds by wetting with water and brushing with deodorized sunflower oil. If you use silicone molds this operation will not be necessary.
- Fill the molds and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Whip the refrigerator cold cream until stiff with 1 pinch of salt and the pine oil.
- Melt the rice syrup in water in a ratio of 2 to 1 and let it melt over low heat for a couple of minutes, stirring well. Take off of the heat, add the finely chopped basil leaves.
- Remove the kanten from the molds with a flat blade knife and place it on the serving plate.
- Put the cream in a pastry bag and cover the kanten. Cover the plate with the rice syrup, decorate with currant twigs and basil leaves. Serve immediately.