Meet the ultimate companion to your favorite dip. This cumin flatbread pairs perfectly with your favorite hummus, potato spread, or baba ganoush for the ultimate treat!
Cumin Flatbread [Vegan]
1 package of active dry yeast
3 1/2 cups whole grain flour
1/4 cup olive oil
1 good pinch of salt
2 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 1/2 cups of warm water
2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix warm water and sugar in a stand mixer with the dough attachment, and stir to combine. Sprinkle the yeast on top of the water. Let this sit for a few minutes until the yeast gets foamy (around 5 minutes).
- Now start adding the flour and the olive oil while constantly string, either with a stand mixer of with a spoon. Knead the dough until you have a nice flexible dough. Now oil a bowl and
- Place the dough inside, put a blanket on it and let the dough rest in a warm place for around 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface, and roll it out into the shape you want to have for your flat bread, around 2-inches thick.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil on top, along with the cumin seeds. Cut a nice shape into the surface and bake it for around 20 minutes until the dough starts to get golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and drizzle with a little more olive oil if desired.
- Slice, and serve warm.
- Whole Wheat