This recipe is super good for you, it's cruelty-free, it keeps the planet happy, and it tastes delicious! Let's eat it all! No seriously, I ate almost all of this in one day. Luckily, I had a moment of generosity and gave (almost) half to mon coupine. Since this is a chocolate recipe, obviously cacao powder is a main ingredient and lucky for us, it's a nutritional powerhouse! Full of fiber, zinc, magnesium, iron, and other goodies. I also added a bunch of superfoods in like maca, lucuma, and vanilla. Cashews and chia seeds are amazing for your gorgeous body too. Chia seeds are what make the "crunch" in this chocolate, and the cashews add another tasty texture. Feel free to add other stuff if you like; I bet cinnamon, cayenne, ginger, and goji berries would all be phenomenal extras. If you love conventional chocolate (super sweet, milky, chocolate-y), then this might not be the ideal recipe for you to try. But I love experimenting with new flavors so likewise, I love this recipe. It's almost spicy because the flavors are so fresh.
Crunchy Chia Chocolate With Maca, Lucuma, Vanilla, and Cashews
- 1/3 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon lucuma power
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar (as desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Melt the cacao butter, then whisk in all the other ingredients except the cashews. Taste it and adjust accordingly.
- Pour into a lined pan so it's about 1 cm (a little less than half an inch) thick (or however thick you want the chocolate to be).
- Sprinkle on the cashews then put in the fridge or freezer until it is solid. Chop and chomp.