Steamed broccoli is alright, but savory, zesty encrusted broccoli is better! Just the right amount of olive oil, a dash of nutritional yeast, and ample time in the oven transforms this broccoli into crispy, rich, cheesy amazingness that's highly addictive. Enjoy this broccoli as a filling snack, serve it as a side dish, or top mac and cheese with it.
Crunchy Cheesy Broccoli [Vegan]
- 1 12-ounce bag of broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and one tablespoon of nutritional yeast. Mix together with a spatula to evenly coat broccoli in oil and nutritional yeast. Spread broccoli back into an even layer.
- Drizzle broccoli with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and then sprinkle on the remaining tablespoon of nutritional yeast. Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (do not stir midway) until slightly blackened and crispy, but still tender. Enjoy immediately.