These crispy red lentil nuggets are so delicious and full of protein! You'll love them!
Crispy Red Lentil Nuggets [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Crispy Red Lentil Nuggets [Vegan]
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup of grated onion
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1 cup of grated potato and spices
- oil for cooking and frying
How to Prepare Crispy Red Lentil Nuggets [Vegan]
- Soak 1 cup lentils for 20-25 minutes.
- Cook grated and diced veggies in 1 tablespoon oil with salt. Cook in skillet for about 15 minutes. It did stick in the skillet a bit while cooking.
- Blend spices, flour and soaked lentils in food processor. Pulse to break everything up but leave some texture.
- Mash cooked veggies with the chunky dough.
- Coat hands with oil and form nugget shapes from the mixture. Fry in oil. Or bake at 375ºF for 30-40 or until golden. Flip while cooking to make both sides crispy.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Red Lentil
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.