Big, hearty breakfasts are the way to go! But, if you don't like spending all morning in the kitchen simple and filling one-skillet meal comes together easily with items you already have in your pantry!
Crispy Breakfast Hash [Vegan]
For the Breakfast Hash:
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cups (600 g) frozen diced potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15-oz [425-g]) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Dried cilantro
- Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup (120 g) plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (2 g) dried cilantro
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and red onion. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the potatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic powder. Stir. Cook for 15 to 17 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are heated through. Add the black beans and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until warm.
- To make the sauce, mix together the dairy-free yogurt, lemon juice and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Serve the breakfast hash with a drizzle of the cilantro-yogurt sauce and extra cilantro for garnish.