Many people are sensitive to chickpeas; they tend to be hard to digest. This recipe is made with zucchini instead. Still creamy and flavorful, but easy to digest! A great way to enjoy fresh veggies! Find this recipe and more in Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life, by Summer Sanders, available from Skyhorse Publishing!
Creamy Zucchini Hummus [Vegan, Raw]
- 2 medium zucchinis, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons organic raw tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoon organic cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Paprika, for garnish
- In a food processor, combine the zucchini, tahini, olive oil, garlic, cumin, pepper, agave (if using), and salt, and process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with your favorite cut veggies.
- If not using right away, cover tightly and refrigerate or transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. It will keep for 4 days in the refrigerator.
This recipe and many more beautiful, holistic dishes can be found in "Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life" by Summer Sanders. Available on Amazon!