Many people are sensitive to chickpeas; they tend to be hard to digest. This recipe is made with zucchini instead. Still creamy and flavorful, but easy to digest! A great way to enjoy fresh veggies! Find this recipe and more in Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life, by Summer Sanders, available from Skyhorse Publishing!
Creamy Zucchini Hummus [Vegan, Raw]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Zucchini Hummus [Vegan, Raw]
- 2 medium zucchinis, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons organic raw tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoon organic cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Paprika, for garnish
How to Prepare Creamy Zucchini Hummus [Vegan, Raw]
- In a food processor, combine the zucchini, tahini, olive oil, garlic, cumin, pepper, agave (if using), and salt, and process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with your favorite cut veggies.
- If not using right away, cover tightly and refrigerate or transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. It will keep for 4 days in the refrigerator.
This recipe and many more beautiful, holistic dishes can be found in "Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life" by Summer Sanders. Available on Amazon!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.