Creamy Yellow Bean Soup with Mushrooms & Dill is an Easter European inspired comfort food. However, my recipe is healthier version, yet equally satisfying and delicious.
Creamy Yellow Bean Soup [Vegan]
- 1/2 cauliflower washed and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for 6hours and rinsed
- 4 cups/ 32oz vegetable broth low sodium organic
- 2 cups yellow string beans, washed, removed ends and cut into smaller pieces
- 5 medium potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion medium size diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill diced
- 3 bay leaves
- Black pepper to taste
- Apple cider vinegar to taste
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring the veggie broth into a boil and add potatoes with bay leaf and salt. Reduce the heat and let it simmer under the lid for 20 minutes.
- When ready, add beans and cook for 10 minuets longer.
- In a smaller pot, cook the cauliflower with 1 cup of water and salt for 15minutes, or until you can pierce easily with work.
- In the meantime, sauté onion and garlic until translucent.
- In the food processor, blend cauliflower with the water and cashew until smooth.
- Add to the pot with beans and mix thoroughly
- Sauté mushrooms with black pepper util you get slightly dark edges and add them to the soup.
- Add dill and apple cider vinegar and adjust the taste.
- You may add more water if you find the soup too thick.