Your guests will never believe this raw vegan espresso pie is healthy! The crust is made from almonds and dates and the filling is made from soaked cashews, brewed coffee and espresso beans — it’s a coffee lover’s dream!
Creamy Raw Chocolate Espresso Pie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Raw Chocolate Espresso Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup soaked cashews*
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon espresso beans
How to Prepare Creamy Raw Chocolate Espresso Pie [Vegan]
To Make the Crust:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse. It may take a while to crush everything up so be patient – no more than a minute though.
- Spray a pie pan or round cake pan (I used an 8-inch cake pan, but either will work) with nonstick spray or coconut oil and, using a spatula, flatten crust out in bottom. Rub spatula over mixture so that it is smooth and then place in freezer.
To Make the Filling:
- Combine cashews and water in a blender and pulse until mixture turns smooth.
- Add in cacao, coffee and syrup and blend.
- Lastly, add in dates and espresso beans.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour filling over top, using a spatula to smoothen out if needed.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes or until mixture hardens; cut into slices and serve.
- Store in freezer or refrigerator – either will work.
*Soak cashews in water for at least six hours ahead of time.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 3684 | Total Carbs: 463 g | Total Fat: 185 g | Total Protein: 57 g | Total Sodium: 71 g | Total Sugar: 359 g Per Serving: Calories: 614 | Carbs: 77 g | Fat: 31 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 12 mg | Sugar: 60 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.