Pecan butter is a new favorite nut butter in our home. It blends up incredibly nicely as it has a high content of healthy fats that once released create a luxurious buttery spread. The flavor is so good it’s hard not to test it along the way. With a high speed blender or food processor homemade pecan butter can be yours! Add it to sandwiches, smoothies or have a spoonful for a nice healthy treat full of protein and fiber!
Creamy Pecan Butter [Vegan]
- 3 cups Pecans
- 2 tbsp Agave (Or Maple Syrup)
- 1 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil (Olive Oil, Avocado Oil…)
- Pinch Salt
- Place nuts and optional flavor boosters on low speed (speed 1 on Blendtec) for one cycle, or until it sounds like it is done. Mine took about 25 seconds.
- Remove the lid, with a spatula, scrape the nuts towards the center of the jar and speed up to level 5 on a Blendtec or high.
- A butter should begin to form, scrape to the center. Continue, with patience and love, repeating until a rich creamy spread or desired consistency is reached. Enjoy!
Use Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Brazil Nuts, Mixed Nuts or the nut of your hearts desire. I tried a couple different settings such as Ice Crush and Pulse to mix it up, play around and see what works best for you and your blender or food processor.