This insanely delicious recipe is not only quick and easy but relatively minimal. It has so much flavor, it’s actually quite surprising! Mushrooms are set to be the next big trend in the health and wellness scene. You could totally pair the mushrooms with some gluten free pasta of your choice, if you’re not accustomed to zucchini noodles, or even on a slice of toast
Creamy Mushrooms with Zucchini Noodles [Vegan]
- 2 cups Brown Mushrooms - wiped clean with paper towel and sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic - finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Cold Pressed Organic Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Red Onion - peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Yogurt - plain
- 2 Spring Onions - sliced
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Cashew Nuts - Toasted
- 4 Medium Zucchini's - Spiralized
- 1 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice - over the zucchini to avoid it turning brown
- Prep, clean, spiralize and chop all your vegetables. In a separate bowl, add the spiralled zucchini noodles and fresh lemon juice and stir well. This will help avoid the noodles from turning brown/oxidising. Set them aside.
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan on a medium-high heat. When temperature is reached, add the garlic and sauté and reduce heat to medium, Cook until golden brown.
- Add the red onion and salt and cook until golden brown and caramelized.
- When everything is beautifully golden and caramelized, add all the chopped mushrooms and cook for a further 3-4 mins, stirring often until the mushrooms are soft.
- Lastly, stir through the coconut yoghurt on a medium-low heat.
- Pop the zucchini noodles on to steam for a few minutes, or alternatively cook your pasta or toast.
- Lightly toast the chopped cashew nuts.
- Serve the noodles on a plate, followed by the creamy mushrooms - topped with lightly toasted cashews and spring onions. Enjoy!