This creamy pasta dish is warm, cozy, and oh-so-perfect for the fall and winter season. Thick rigatoni pasta is tossed in a cream sauce made from almond milk and olive oil and seasoned with thyme and plenty of minced garlic. Roasted cauliflower adds a nice smokey balance to the dish. Enjoy it as is, or feel free to add some more veggies to add some more nutrition and color.
Creamy Garlic and Thyme Rigatoni With Roasted Cauliflower [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 10-ounce pasta of choice
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
For the Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour of choice
- 1-1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Chop cauliflower into bite-sized florets, toss then in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and spread across a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice throughout.
- In the meantime, boil water in a large pot. Add in pasta of choice and cook according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- To make your creamy garlic sauce, start by drizzling 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add in minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add 3 tablespoons of flour and mix until coated. Slowly pour in the milk a little bit at a time, whisking as you pour.
- Add in a hefty pinch of salt and pepper, thyme, and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until sauce has reached the desired consistency.
- Drain your pasta, top it with the sauce and cauliflower, and stir to coat. Top with a little more freshly chopped thyme and serve.