This pudding is super easy to make because you probably already have the ingredients on hand. We used a can of full fat coconut milk as the base for this dessert.
Creamy Chocolate Coconut Pudding [Vegan]
- 1 400ml can full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (60 ml or 4 pitted medjool dates)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) arrowroot powder
- 1 oz (28 g) dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 4 drops Orange essential oil or 1/4 tsp orange extract or 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) ground flax
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) mesquite powder (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- Place the coconut milk, raw cacao powder, maple syrup, ground flax, vanilla extract, cinnamon, arrowroot powder and sea salt in a blender.
- Also add the mesquite powder if you are using it.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. We placed the chocolate in a ramekin in a small pot of water (water came halfway up on the ramekin) and simmered it until melted. We don't use a microwave but if you do, you can microwave the chocolate in a safe dish for 30 second intervals on a moderate temperature (stirring in between) until melted. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add the chocolate to the blender, and blend mixture until smooth (up to a minute).
- Place the pudding in serving dishes. Cover and place them in the refrigerator for at least two hours to thicken.
- You can top these with some orange slices, orange zest, blueberries or coconut flakes before eating.
- The puddings will last up to a week in the fridge.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile