When combined with cashews, garlic, non-dairy milk, and salt, tofu can be turned into a creamy alfredo sauce that's perfect for pasta. Unlike firmer tofu, silken tofu blends up very well without a grainy texture. That means this sauce is silky and delicious as the dairy version. Win!
Creamy Cashew Tofu Alfredo [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Cashew Tofu Alfredo [Vegan]
For the Sauce:
- 1 13-ounce package silken tofu
- 1 cup soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Garnish:
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon fresh sage or 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 16-ounce pasta of your choice, cooked
How to Prepare Creamy Cashew Tofu Alfredo [Vegan]
- Blend all the sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and green pepper in the water in a pan over medium-high heat until the vegetables are limp and the water evaporates.
- Pour in the wine and lemon juice, mixing things together until everything comes to a simmer.
- Add the blended ingredients to the pan, whisking the mixture continuously to a gentle bubble.
- Gradually add the flour and continue to whisk until the sauce thickens and the lumps of flour disappear.
- Add the herbs and gently heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- Continue to whisk the sauce until it settles and looks smooth and thick. Ladle over cooked pasta.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 390 | Total Carbs: 55 g | Total Fat: 10 g | Total Protein: 17 g | Total Sodium: 541 g | Total Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.