This pesto comes together wonderfully when using macadamia nuts rather than pine nuts. This pesto works in so many ways on many dishes such as pasta and sandwiches!
Creamy Basil Pesto with Macadamia Nuts [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Basil Pesto with Macadamia Nuts [Vegan]
- 3.5 oz basil fresh leaves
- 3.5 oz macadamia nuts roasted
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 10 slices garlic slice it into thin slices before blending it
- 10 tablespoons ice water
How to Prepare Creamy Basil Pesto with Macadamia Nuts [Vegan]
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and pulse about 20 times.
- Order of ingredients in the blender is macadamia nuts, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic, water and basil.
- Don't blend continuously. This will cause the basil to heat up and to lose its flavor.
Basil doesn’t like heat. As soon as you heat up you pesto, it will lose its flavor. Do not blend at high speed, do not heat up the pesto on a pan, use iced water in the blender to keep the pesto cool.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.