A deliciously creamy nutrition filled go to pasta salad for lunch on the go!
Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad [Vegan]
- 1 12 oz. bag of pasta
- 2 avocado's
- 1/2 cup packed basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. flax meal
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup yellow sweet tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 8oz. package of tempeh
- Start by bringing a pot of water to a boil.
- While you are waiting on the boiling water, throw the peeled and halved avocado's, the basil, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, flax meal, water and coconut milk into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Lightly steam broccoli, and lightly chop.
- Cook tempeh in a skillet over medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- While tempeh is cooking, chop the onion, and sweet tomatoes.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add your broccoli, chopped onion, tempeh, sweet tomatoes, and avocado sauce and stir until combined
- Serve chilled
Store in the refrigerator for lunch or dinner during the week.