Corn chowder ... there are so many variations! How will you ever know which one to make? Well, this is the last recipe for corn chowder you will ever need. It's creamy, fresh, a little spicy, a little bit smoky – every amazing flavor you could possibly want! Plus, it's ridiculously simple to make.
Creamy and Smoky Corn Chowder [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup soy, almond, or oat milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped green onion, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Extra bits of corn and red pepper, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Sauté onion, red pepper and celery for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add diced potato and mix well. Once mixed, add in flour and stir to coat veggies. Cook for a minute or two before adding your non-dairy milk of choice and vegetable broth
- Add celery salt, smoked paprika and dried parsley into the pot. Stir well and then bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce to simmer, cover pan with a lid and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, or until potato bits are tender.
- Once potato is tender, add shucked corn kernels and stir to combine. Let cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until corn is tender to your liking.
- Transfer 1/4-1/3 of the soup to a blender (depending on how thick you want the chowder) and blend till smooth. Pour back into the pot and stir well.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar and taste for/adjust seasoning before serving. Top with chopped green onion, cilantro and extra bits of corn and red pepper.