This delicious salad can be enjoyed between two slices of whole grain bread, but it can also be enjoyed with crackers or over a leafy green salad. Regardless of how you choose to serve it, this chickpea salad is sure to make a satisfying meal!
Creamy and Crunchy Chickpea Salad Sandwich [Vegan]
For the Chickpea Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise OR lemon tahini sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 6 slices whole grain bread
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Romaine lettuce
- Extra sunflower seeds, if desired
- Mash chickpeas with a fork, potato masher, or pastry blender.
- Stir in all other salad ingredients until well-combined.
- Serve between slices of toasted whole grain bread, and top with sliced tomato, avocado, and romaine lettuce. Enjoy!