Creamy potatoes, celery, onion, and an array of spices come together to create this interpretation of traditional cream of celery soup. Potatoes give this soup a rich and grainy texture while the celery gives the dish a sharp, fresh flavor. Keep it chunky, or blend for a puréed soup — either way, it's delicious!
Cream of Celery Soup [Vegan]
- 3 cups celery, chopped small
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Greek oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- Add the chopped celery, diced potatoes, water, non-dairy milk, diced onion, and minced garlic in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Add the dill, garlic salt, pepper, oregano, and curry. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- You can either serve as is or with an immersion blender or heat proof blender, blend until smooth.
- Top with a sprinkle of chopped celery leaves with a swirl of dairy free milk. Serve hot.
- Potato Recipes