What’s fab about this recipe, is truly everything. It’s a handful of staple ingredients, quick easy, creamy, cheesy, has a gorgeous color, perfect for spring, can easily be made in bulk, perfect for spring entertaining, packs tons of veggies, healthy fats, flavor, and is so good you could literally eat it in the burning hot sun!
Cream of Asparagus Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cream of Asparagus Soup [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 medium size yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-pounds asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces (2 bundles)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 heaping cup soaked cashews, soak overnight or boil for 10 minutes
- 1 handful spinach
- Salt/Black Pepper as needed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast [optional]
How to Prepare Cream of Asparagus Soup [Vegan]
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt the vegan butter. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes on low/medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add broth and and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook until asparagus is very tender but still green, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a blender add the cashews, asparagus soup, and spinach, blend until smooth. You can add more spinach to achieve desired color. Return to pot and warm over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with more black pepper and blanched asparagus.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.